The role of an Airport Firefighter is an interesting, varied and at times, challenging one. You will be a key player in a small team of professionals dedicated to their service. The job demands individuals to think quickly, make sound decisions and act confidently when the need arises.
Following your basic training course at the International Fire Training Centre, you will be assigned to a Watch where you will build on your knowledge and maintain your competencies through our comprehensive on-station
training programme. You will be trained in the use of breathing apparatus, large goods vehicle driving
and first aid, all of which will equip you with the vital skills required to deal with routine emergency
situations on and off the airport. You will also be responsible for the servicing and maintenance of fire
service equipment and general cleanliness of the fire station and surrounding areas.
You main duties will include the following:
- Provide a safe and effective rescue and firefighting service to those in need.
- Attend a variety of incidents including aircraft related emergencies and first aid calls.
- Maintain your high standard of competence by participating in a comprehensive on-station
training programme and providing evidence through personal training records.
- Participate in and give presentations as part of the above training programme or our mandatory
staff fire training regime.
- Assist with routine test and inspections of fire service appliances and equipment.
- Maintain station administration documents for regulatory inspections.
- Assist with fire prevention duties within the airport premises.Provide assistance to disabled passengers or patients transported by air ambulance.
- Conduct educational visits from school / air scout groups, promote fire safety and explain the
purpose of our service.
- Undertake, plan and co-ordinate aircraft marshaling and other ramp operations.
- Ensure the safe passage of our clients by assisting with security screening of bags and
- Provide assistance in a wide range of safety related ground operation functions for example,
wildlife hazard control, aircraft anti/de-icing or snow removal during inclement weather.
- Ensure consistently high standards of customer service are delivered at all times.
- Communicate with other airport teams to ensure a seamless delivery of customer service
- Ensure that all provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act, Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
directives and airport policies, procedures and regulations are maintained at all times.
- Carry out any reasonable task requested of you.
You’ll be joining a team with passion, commitment and enthusiasm for excellence. – could you be their next addition? Why not apply online today!